Quantcast

Monday, February 15, 2010

Brought to you by Zack Attack

I'm still in shock. I can't believe he did it. I can't believe he peed on my pillow. It had fallen off the bed at some point in the middle of the night and he decided to saunter over, squat down, and pee right on my pillow. What kind of an animal does that?

This kind of an animal


Smug, pompous, aloof, arrogant

The kind that isn't afraid to show you who's boss,
and will give you a swift swat in the face to remind you


All the while, saying
"But how can you be mad at me, look at how handsome and adorable I am?"


"Look into these eyes. They are the eyes of an angel, no?"


"I'll even pose for photo-ops in front of pretty flowers."


It's not like the cat had it that bad. This is how we used to treat him. He, along with the dog slept in our beds, slept on the furniture, slept wherever he wanted.


I say "used to" because a few years back he started getting real temperamental. If by chance, we brought home a cat food that he did not approve of, he peed on our clothes.

If we decided to move houses, he peed on our down comforter.

If by chance we didn't let him outside because it was storming outside the likes of El Nino and we didn't want him to get hurt, he peed on our beautiful, new white couch.

The white couch incident is where we drew the line.
That is when Zackary became an "outside" cat.

But then ever so slowly, as is often the case with sly predators, he ingratiated himself back into the fold. He was careful. He was calculated.
He hit us below the belt where we had to scream "MERCY!"

He used the KIDS!
I mean, he didn't even play fair. Look at how much they loved on him.
He never got terse or feisty with them.


Even when they smashed and smothered the living daylights out of him.
(why, by the way did someone not tell me Syd needed a haircut? Poor child)

And so we fell for it, hook, line and sinker.
We let him back into the house and he did whatever he wanted.
We were at his beck and call, getting up at 4am to let him outside to play.
Letting him sleep on the furniture again.
And then he peed on my pillow.
Damn you Zack! Damn you.
(I don't know what's more disturbing about this story though. The fact that Zack peed on my pillow, or the fact that Art tried to wash the pillow so that I can use it again. UGH!)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like my cat. They should meet.

    PS--love the new blog look....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are making me actually like cats. great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful cat. ours did that too. pee'd on anything we left on the floor practically. it was bad. drove me NUTS. sure is a pretty kitty though :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...