Quantcast

Friday, March 12, 2010

Playgrounds & Lollipops - Keeping It Real

Pardon me but this is my attempt at humor and keeping it real, a popular subject this week in blogland.

I had a fantastic outfit picked out to preview today, fantastic in that it is a perfect Fashion Don't/Fashion Do story. I bought a trend item (anyone heard of Jeggings?), put them on the other morning, walked out the door, got in the car, turned the car off and said to the kids "excuse me kids but mommy has to run back inside and change." I felt so weird and awkward in those Jeggings that I just had to run back inside and get into my comfort zone, my trusty Jo's Rocker Jeans. But I don't want to spoil all the fun. I will post my Jeggings story next week.

For now, this outfit below is truly my favorite outfit this week, even maybe, of all time.

{Okay Taylor, let's pose real serious now}
{Yes, I know honey, it is weird, mommy is a total dork after all, not a model}


When:
Friday March 12th, 2010

Where:
Our Home

What:
Robe: Barefoot Dreams
Shoes: Simply Vera by Vera Wang for Kohl's
Ring: Gift from previous employer
Glasses: Prada
Earrings: ? from Macy's that's all I know!

Why:
I woke up this morning with that nagging sore throat and slight body aches. I had strep throat a few weeks back, and while I may be being paranoid, I think I have it again. A doctor's appointment at 11:30 will reveal my fate. My favorite comfort clothing item hands down is this robe. Art bought it for me for my birthday right before Taylor was born and it is my best friend. So warm and soft and HUGE! I get lost in it.

When I decided to post pictures of me wearing this robe, I thought to myself, I should Rachel Zoe it up a bit. I always get a kick out of her traipsing around her glamorous all-white apartment wearing her HUGE white robe decked out in jewels and statement rings galore and 6 inch platform heels. It cracks me up every time. So here's my version of being Rachel.

Happy Friday everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I hope your feeling better soon. Oh,and you are soooo RZ in those photos! So funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I think this is may favorite Playgrounds & Lollipops post of ALL time!
    What a fabulous ring, Do you know where I can get one?
    Love the pictures of you and Taylor…. she looks more and more like you each day! I’m sure she will look back at these pictures and appreciate what a GREAT mom she has.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog (I got here from Summer on the Bright Side)--love it.

    Love the ring and the shoes...have the same robe (I'd live in mine if I could!)

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you aren't feeling good! Boy, you make a robe look good! I look like a shlumpadinka in my robe! BTW, thanks for the comment. Would love to email...summer.plummer@cox.net :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, can our taste be anymore the same!? I have the same exact robe and am wearing it RIGHT NOW in fact! LOL! Hope you feel better. And that ring is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute! You are FAB.U.LOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ring! I don't have a good bathrobe...now I need one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...