Quantcast

Friday, March 5, 2010

Playgrounds & Lollipops - "Sometimes You Just Need your Boyfriend's (ahem, Husband's) Shirt




When:
March 2nd, 2010

Where:
Errands, Hanging with the kids, Dinner with the bestest (old) neighbors ever

What:
Shirt: Banana Republic
Jeans: Jo's Jeans
Shoes: Forever 21
Locket: Tollipop girl interchangeable locket from Etsy
Headband: Self made from fabric scraps
Belt: Gap

Why:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE basic, clean, crisp white button down collared shirts. I think there is just about nothing sharper than a white shirt. And so versatile. With jeans, with shorts, with slacks, with a pencil skirt, over a bathing suit, and on and on. I wear this shirt at least once a week. This particular button down is the Boyfriend style from Banana and I bought it for the lose, yet somehow perfectly form-fitting silhouette, and I love the pocket and roll-up tab detail on the sleeve. Oh and it's long enough to stay tucked into a pair of jeans, very important feature in my book.

The jeans are the oldest pair I own and I love the faded and worn out look they have acquired. Notice the old 80's roll over cuff action I have going here? It's my little trick to make a bootleg jean appear a little more narrow. Don't do the roll over to severe, are you might be mistaken for a time traveling lady from the 80's.

And the shoes. Oh these shoes, how I love them. Had to have them after my very chic friend Mary sported a pair. Thought for sure they were some expensive Euro brand, but nope! From Forever 21 for get this, $13.80!!! Hello new best friend! Not quite a ballet flat, not quite a bootie. I think they're the perfect mix of feminine and funky.

9 comments:

  1. I love this feature!!! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited to check your blog today to see what you would wear :) now I have never ever been able to figure out how to wear a button up shirt that looks good on me - weird huh! It's such a classic, I may need some assistance. Now that headband is one craft I may really have to jump on so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! I NEED a new white shirt. It is on my list but it always get pushed to the bottom. And I wish I had your shoes. Love them.

    The DVF's are $125 and the style number is DVF510S. Check them out on the Nordy website :)

    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. i looked forward to checking today...love this part of the blog. Gives me great ideas with stuff i own already! great job! i have one request..can u do this 2 days a week???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girls, thanks for the comments. Miranda, I can show you how to make this headband, it is so easy, really. Sarah, I was thinking of doing this more actually :) It's fun. thanks for the encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me that I need to spot clean/bleach my one white shirt! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun, Andrea. Keep up the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe, when i saw that your shoes were from f21 i (literally) said out loud, "what?! i have to have those. right. now."
    and immediately opened a new window to their site. i hope, hope i can find them! they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...