Quantcast

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Playgrounds & Lollipops - The Professional

{Blouse: Ann Taylor Loft; Trousers: Forever 21; Shoes: Dolce Vita; Jewelry: Stella & Dot; Watch; Michael Kors}
If I had a real, actual paying job to go to, this is what I'd wear.  Instead I only have a gig where I go into my husband's office to do some "bookkeeping" a few hours a week and get paid with bags of chips and silver dollars.  I didn't let the lack of a real paycheck stop me from dressing up just a bit today though.  We had a new employee start and I wanted to make a good impression, you know, try to at least present our family run business as somewhat legit and professional.  Not to discredit the husband, he does a fine job of running the place, he just does it in shorts and a t-shirt.

When I wore this cardigan last week, it reminded me of these pants that I originally wore with them and although today was a scorcher, the soft rayon actually kept me pretty cool and the cotton blouse is as light as air.  I felt cool and collected.  Not calm, because I really don't ever feel calm.  Just cool & collected.  I'll take 2 out of 3.

So happy Wednesday everyone!  I personally feel a little out of sorts after a very full and fun Labor Day weekend.  We took full advantage of our time together and spent all day and night with different sets of family and/or friends.  It was a fantastic way to end summer but having a Monday on a Tuesday sort of leaves you feeling a little behind.  Looking forward to playing catch up the rest of the week.

Linking up with No Model Lady for the first time & Lindsay for WIWW

20 comments:

  1. You look beautiful. I love the purple and navy together. I would've never thought to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY??? I want your long, lean legs so that I look THAT good in high waisted sailor pants. Love the color combo...one of my favs! You look so MAJ (hehehe)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that color combo! And those pants are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!. You look incredible!. Coming atcha from WIWW. Loving your blog and i'm about to hit follow ;)
    I really really love that purple shirt....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from WIWW! You look great!! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yowzas! You look amazing in those high waisted pants! Meow! Keep wearing them girlie. Sleep in them if possible. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pants are to die for! They look so great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this outfit!! those pants are fabulous! you look great, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok. Those pants are am.az.ing! And that top is so bright and pretty. Great outfit! I think it's my favorite of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. um... highwaisted sailor pants, AMAZING! Love the colors and you most certainly look professional... and FABULOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great color combo... and i love those pants! can't believe they're from forever 21! beautiful, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. those pants are darling and that color of blouse looks GREAT on you! love the whole combo

    Cami
    www.allthingslovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the allure the sailor pants gave you. It is truly professional and well put outfit. Beautiful colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. those pants are awesome and love the purple top

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well thanks y'all! I haven't worn these pants in over a year and didn't think much of them actually, but you guys are making me have a whole new appreciation for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! You look fabulous in that color. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...